" ... I have the habit of rereading my own E-mails a few hours after sending them. So I read my previous message, and was wondering: “What did you make of the very first phrase (about having a nice conversation with the answering machine)? Did you consider it another trying and senseless joke? Will you call me buffoon?”
No! It wasn’t a joke at all. I was deadly serious. The conversation with your answering machine was admirable, indeed. Let me elaborate:
She was cordial, polite, attentive, understanding, obedient… What more can you expect from your partner by conversation, and from the conversation itself?!
- She greeted me wholeheartedly
- She informed me in a pleasant voice that you can’t take the phone, but urged to tell whatever I have to tell nevertheless
- She then listened attentively
- She didn’t laugh at my accent, nor did she interrupt me every other second with unnerving “Pardon me? Pardon me?”
- She let me tell all I wanted, without least arguing
- She passed it on you, without changing a word.
She made my day. Best regards to her. Promise her that I’ll call again… "
... And you say that MY writing style is excessive?